Wednesday, November 12, 2008

News you can use!

Blogging and the way it connects me to new interesting things and people doesn't stop amazing me. Last week I got 2 very graceful mails telling me how much they liked and enjoyed reading 'artnlight' (blush, blush) and I quickly checked both the sites and thought this is stuff I MUST share.
Stephan Lagan is from 66degrees.com which is an online gallery for unique and limited edition art and design pieces (this got my ears perked immediately) "66 degrees.com is a social network for collectors and fans of art and design, a springboard for the artists and designers that we feature and a place where they can hopefully increase their exposure and visibility on the global market, AND a store where people have the opportunity to buy limited edition and in some cases one-of-a-kind pieces that we display on our site."
I LOVED the bulb lamps!


Art Donovan creates these beautiful antique looking and precision clocks and lamps. His client list is formidable and includes Tiffany & Co., Disney Cruise Lines, Bennetti Luxury Yachts,Italy. The First Church of Christ, Scientist & Four Seasons Resorts Villas, to name a few.



Do click on the image to see a larger version and check his beautiful collection here.

9 comments:

Tanveer Farooqui said...

I also loved bulb lamps !
Its unique idea !

Munna on the run said...

This is really cool! Thanks for this.

goooooood girl said...

your blog is good good good......

vinz-Q8 said...

awesome bulb lamps.......
very very creative...i'm gonna try one at home. i'm waiting for a bulb to get fused. lol...

vineeta said...

Tanveer, thank you for dropping by ever so often :)

Hemant, you are welcome :)

vineeta said...

gooood girl, thanx :)

vinz-q8, do let me know how the experiment turns out ;)

vinz-Q8 said...

i cant wait till a bulb gets fused.
i'm going to try it out today evening becz my parents wont be home.
lol....wish me all the best..i hope i dont break the bulb!!

john xaviers said...

i too loved the bulb lamps..cute design &
innovative use of the useless bulbs...
seeing them i start to have some doubts,
how on earth are they balancing in that slanting way! and what wud one do when the
fuel gets used up! is it throw-away type or can it be refilled!
or is it meant to be functional at all!
anyway, it is relegating the industrial residue into pre-electricity systems of lighting :)

Carolyn said...

Vineeta, I had to comment on this one. Shortly after seeing them on your site, I visited www.66degrees.com and puchased the bulb lamps. Well... THEY'RE WONDERFUL! Not only do I love them, but everybody that comes into my house keeps commenting on them. Thanks for letting me know about this company and my wonderful new lamps!