Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Wall art

I'm so excited to share with you'll the wall art I created. Some of this work I've wanted to do for a while and some of it I'm surprised I even thought of doing it.
Love.
I got the alphabets cut out of metal
It just looks so much better when you see it up close
and personal :)
These pieces were the surprise on the spot decision. This is the Jaipur City palace inspired wall art Series.
You can see the gold paint at an angle.
I made a series of 4 designs
Another close up
This piece just happened. I was making these coasters and I saw this 'Lacoste' ad and thought it would be cool if the guy were spilt into 2 coasters, later I thought it will look cooler framed and with a concept. So here he is floating above the cityscape, yearning freedom.
And here the piece I like best. Clarity.
Thanx so much for all the appreciation you guys have been giving me. I've got quite a few enquiries if I'm selling these pieces & the answer is a big YES. Some of them are already sold, but I do take commissions and for me the whole idea behind starting this was to create customised art. So in case you are interested in getting any such work created/customised especially for you, do write to me on vineetanair2222@gmail.com.

26 comments:

mekie said...

l.o.v.e.

D said...

Awesome stuff! I'm truly impressed. And since I'm into photography these days, I'm totally taken in by those photoshopped and framed pics you'd takenin Jaipur.

Lots of inspirational stuff there!

pRiyA said...

i am just breaking my break to say congrats on your exhibition. i know how much organizing and effort it takes not just to have one but to create so much work.
your work looks terrific and its so well framed too!

Preeti Menon said...

WOW. This is unbelievable Vinche. Love you work tons!

Preeti Menon said...

WOW! This is unbelievable. Love your work tons!

Preeti Menon said...

WOW! This is unbelievable. Love your work tons!

Robyn said...

Clarity is my favourite too but all your work is pretty impressive. The metal alphabet is fantastic.

Krista said...

Vineeta,
These are wonderful! So beautiful!
Congratulations on your show!

EMBELLISHER said...

Clarity is my favourite too. The Jaipur series is beauiful too.

Gunjan Pai said...

vinee, i m so bloody proud of u ya. i have no words at all. they look equally fantastic online

Sharmishtha said...

Vineeta!!! It's intricate, surreal and totally, utterly magnificent!!!

How did you get the letters cut in metal though? Any fabricator does that?

It is beautiful though. So damn good.

vineeta said...

Mekie, Thanx :)

Thanx D, you so said it, Rajasthan is FULL of inspiration!

Priya, I had no clue how much time and energy doing something like this took till now. But it was worth all of it :) and thanx for youe compliment, it means much to me :)

vineeta said...

Preeti, Thanx so much! It matters much to me that you love it :) Will write to you SOOOON!

Robyn, I'm really going to treasure your comment. I respect your work so much!

Krista, Thanx so much!!! :)

Embellisher, Thanx so much for your compliment!! :) The Jaipur series is a surprise for me as well. I knew it will look good, but its proved to be extremely popular.

bhumika said...

vineeta,

I just can't wait to see the rest of your stuff. I love freedom - sth i would want on my softboard :) but clarity is my fav. just perfect for a copywriter :P

Shama Nagarajan said...

beautiful one...i love them...

vineeta said...

Gunj thanx! you are one of my biggest supports :) BIG HUG!

Sharmishta, thanx so much for your kind words! :)

Bhumika, I'm glad you liked it :) Next I will put up my trays and boxes :)

Shama, thanx so much! :)

mekie said...

vineeta, do you sell these online? if not, please consider it! :-)

Bhavna said...

Incredible incredible work Vini! Love the framed pics! :)

Rekha said...

Beautiful...you are highly creative.

khandeparkar shailesh said...

nice work.

A said...

This is super stuff and great work from you vinita. I am so glad you ultimatly did what you always wanted to. I am getting totally inspired by you now. I guess you are right, only when I have deadlines i work towards it. otherwise it just does not happen.hmmmm, great show and looking forward for more. I have been completly out of sight and mind for a very long time and guess its time i get on to posting again. cheers!

Shivani Chander said...

Beautiful work Vineeta,love it! pity did not know abt ur exhibition, pls let us know the next time. Looking forward to the pics. All the best.

Sharon Colaco D'Souza said...

I love your Jaipur series. And congrats on your first exhibition:) Here"s wishing you many many more!

- Sharon

Anrosh said...

the last one -- i love it

Avdhi said...

God! I love these. 'Love' is just plain beautiful!!!
and I adore 'Clarity'

amith said...

i was actually lokin 4 sme kathkali characters for my car stickerin tats hw came 2 c ur wrk its cool stuff i really liked it .......