New Year with the New Internationalist Planner

Saturday, January 02, 2010

I had just made my to-do lists for the New Year and the very next day I had a surprise in my mailbox. The New Internationalist publication had sent me their 2010 planner with a photograph I contributed! I had long forgotten about it, and to see the Planner just when i was thinking of getting myself one was brilliant timing. Matt Walker the designer wrote to me as early as mid 2008 for permission to use my image in a 2010 planner & I had really forgotten all about it. And here was a parcel for me- isn’t it fun getting fat parcels in your mail? What I really liked about the Planner is that it is well designed and filled with inspirational and thought provoking quotes. Here’s a look at the New Internationalist 2010 Planner.

The cover


Each month is designed differently- The January stack of buildings looks powerful & cool


“Iraqi boy looks through what used to be the head of Saddam Hussein” by Kenneth O Halloran

I really loved this illustration from Japan called ‘peace of shit’ – by Yuri Shimojo

The April spread

And here is the photograph I contributed- on the left- I had clicked it at the Jantar Mantar in Delhi





Loved this page and photograph by Matt Walker. You must check out Matt's flickr photostream to see his extensive documentation of Street art across countries.

New Internationalist Publications is a not-for-profit, independent publisher based in the UK. In addition to books, it publishes the New Internationalist magazine, a popular monthly on global justice issues. The magazine, which has been running for over 30 years, exists to: - report on the issues of world poverty and inequality; - to focus attention on the unjust relationship between the powerful and powerless worldwide; - to debate and campaign for the radical changes necessary to meet the basic needs of all; - and to bring to life the people, the ideas and the action in the fight for global justice.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images