Friday, January 22, 2010

Turquoise Love

I'm on a blog unearthing spree and loving the treasures that are popping up. Today is Turquoise- what I mean is 'House of Turquoise' a one stop shop for all turquoise references- surfaces, walls, furniture, accessories, you name it & this blog has it in this gorgeous shade of blue.
Turquoise with silver

for quiet elegance
throw in a bit of black for drama

and white for peace
And red for effect





Isn't this pretty blue ceramic basic the cutest thing you've seen?

love the prints in this frame



Throw in a bit of lime and life really starts getting interesting


crank the lime up for stunning results

Sober the same palette down & you have sombre elegance
and deepen the palette and add carved wood for some oriental mystery
All images from House of Turquoise

10 comments:

Sudha said...

This colour is so retro and brings in that Rajesh Khanna movie set feel :) (atleast in a few pics)

Patricia Torres said...

I'm totally in love with all the images... wow.. wow..

Deepa Raman said...

lovely colours and prints....

Jutta said...

Great post, thanks for sharing! I'm in love with turquoise... :)

Art Wall Katie said...

My absolute favorite color for decor....and WHAT is that shower/bathtub thing? That is the most beautiful shower I've ever seen. Pining! ...a BYW friend here...

Eliza Lynn Tobin said...

wow! what beautiful pictures you have gathered together...I love turquoise...I'm thinking maybe I need more of it in my life.

jacqueline said...

Turquoise is one of my favorite color! These images are soo gorgeous...and i am really inspired. Thank you so much for sharing this. Hope you are having a wonderful merry happy weekend. Love to you!

layers said...

turquoise is such a strong powerful color-- but here in all its shades and varieties and uses-- designed so well into varied spaces and rooms -so creative

JYOTI CHAVDA said...

my favourite, favourite colour!

Peggy said...

Vineeta, I loooove me some turquoise. I just can't get enough of it and have been writing about it a lot on my blog lately. I'm using a lot of it in my home for spring. I'd like to paint my walls turquoise, but I might be moving. You'd be surprised at the changes my place is making. I'm going unapologetically girly and very romantic, and I've been adding a lot of black. It's so much fun! What are you doing in your home lately?